Profiles RNS Development Roadmap

Brian Turner - UCSF

Aug 24, 2022, 7:15:17 PM8/24/22
to ProfilesRNS
Hello,

We have a few questions about future releases/features.

  1. When will ORCIDs be added to the disambiguation service?
  2. Are there any enhancements to the search page coming, specifically under Other Options, allowing search for pages that have certain sections? e.g. has student projects (UCSF has this for the old 'gadgets' but not for new plugins. I do see Harvard has search for mentoring and student projects though. Is that in open source yet? )
  3. Is there a plan for Profiles to store and display a person's preferred pronouns? If so, how close or far is it in the release plans?
Maybe we should have a community call? I'd be happy to help set one up.

Thanks!

Brian

Weber, Griffin M

Sep 2, 2022, 3:29:08 PM9/2/22
to Turner, Brian, profi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

Yes, a community call is a great idea. Do you want to setup a Doodle poll with some date/time options?

1) Nick Brown has been making some enhancements to disambiguation, which we can show on the call.

2a) To enable search for a particular section, you can create a person filter, where the people with the section have that filter. Though, you would probably need to setup a database job to keep that updated. However, I think you are asking for an out-of-the box solution that filters for any section on a profile.

2b) Harvard's Profiles site has a new mentoring and student projects module, which is tied to a separate system built for Harvard Medical School students. In its current form, it cannot be put into the open source code. A more generic mentoring module might be useful for the open source code.

3) We haven't considered this. This would be a good question to get community input on.

Griffin