Error while running Profiles from source code

Meghal Gandhi

Mar 17, 2022, 10:04:29 PM3/17/22
to ProfilesRNS
Hello,

I am setting up profiles 3.1.0 first time from scratch.

I have finished setting up database in SQL Server 2017.

Now, I have loaded the profiles solution provided on Harvard website in visual studio. I built it and tried to test it.

But, It's showing me this error:
 at Profiles.Framework.Utilities.ModuleCatalogueCache.GetModule(String modulekey) in C:\Users\Azure_mgandhi\Documents\Profiles_Dev\Profiles\Profiles\Framework\Utilities\ModuleCatalogueCache.cs:line 134

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceException

I went to the line 134 as above mentioned, The error is in bold line:
public Module GetModule(string modulekey)
        {
            List<Module> modules = (List<Module>)HttpRuntime.Cache["MODULES"];
            Module rtnmodule = null;
            try
            {

                rtnmodule = modules.Find(delegate(Module module) { return module.Key == modulekey; });

            }
            catch (Exception) { }

            return rtnmodule;
        }

Looking forward for any kind of assistance.

Thanks.

Best,
Meghal Gandhi
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles