Favorite templating library for use in a future Profiles?

Chatterjee, Anirvan

Apr 4, 2024, 5:00:38 PMApr 4
to profi...@googlegroups.com
Our UCSF team just got off a call with Harvard, where we heard some of their ideas for the frontend.

They shared that they're exploring moving HTML generation to the frontend, using JavaScript to turn JSON profile data into page content.

This would be a huge step, and a big opportunity to make Profiles' frontend easier to customize.

Do we have any suggestions for what templating libraries they should consider using, both for performance and for long-term support? (5+ years)

I was thinking of vanilla Handlebars, because it's so fast and stable. On the flip side, while React would be heavier, maybe it would be easier to subclass?

Any opinions?

Anirvan Chatterjee (he/him)

Director, Data Strategy, CTSI

Morgenweck, William

Apr 5, 2024, 5:45:51 AMApr 5
to profi...@googlegroups.com

I know everyone has their own favorite programming languages.  But if I was going to vote I would have to put Vue.js at the top of my list.

Just my 2 cents.

Bill Morgenweck

Hollings Cancer Center

Medical University of South Carolina