How do we move a profile section on the page these days?

Meeks, Eric

Jan 13, 2022, 5:25:09 PM1/13/22
to profi...@googlegroups.com

I know that in the past we could play around with the SortOrder in a few of the [Ontology.] tables but I’m now seeing more instances of SortOrder than I recall, and nothing I do seems to change things. We want to move the ‘research activities and funding’ section to be just below the ‘overview’ section.

I can see SortOrder in [Ontology.].[ClassGroup], [Ontology.].[ClassGroupClass], [Ontology.].[PropertyGroup]  and [Ontology.].[PropertyGroupProperty]. Not sure what to do.

Thanks,

Eric Meeks
My pronouns: he/him/his
CTO, Clinical & Translational Science Institute

University of California, San Francisco
490 Illinois St. 6th Floor

San Francisco, CA 94158
https://profiles.ucsf.edu/eric.meeks

Mohamad Malouhi

Jan 14, 2022, 1:42:44 AM1/14/22
to ProfilesRNS
I think the 'Research activities and funding' section is below the 'overview' section by default, but you can change the order by changing the SortOrder value in the [Ontology.].[PropertyGroup] table for the  "http://profiles.catalyst.harvard.edu/ontology/prns#PropertyGroupOverview" row.

-Mohamad Malouhi

Brown, Nicholas William

Jan 14, 2022, 9:27:21 AM1/14/22
to profi...@googlegroups.com

Eric.

Properties are grouped into property groups. You can reorder the groups and you can reorder within the groups. What you cannot do in profiles currently is put one have one property from group 1, then a property from group 2 and then the rest of group 1. It sounds like this is what you are trying to do, and why it isn’t working. What you would need to do would be to move research activities and funding to the same group as overview (given at UCSF you have hidden the grouping on the website, you could move everything into that group to give you complete freedom) and then set your ordering. You should be able to do this all in the [Ontology.].[PropertyGroupProperty] table.

Nick

Meeks, Eric

Jan 14, 2022, 10:58:56 AM1/14/22
to profi...@googlegroups.com

Ok, that sounds like how I remember it working but I tried that and I didn’t see results. Probably a mistake on my end so I’ll play around with it some more.

Is there any documentation or comments you have about what the SortOrder in those other tables I mentioned are used for?

It sounds like I could do a join with the [Ontology.].[PropertyGroup] and the [Ontology.].[PropertyGroupProperty] tables to get the final word on how things are ordered on a profile page, is that correct?

Thanks!

Eric

Jan 14, 2022, 12:08:30 PM1/14/22
to profi...@googlegroups.com

That is correct, order by the sort column in propertygroup and then the sort column in propertygroupproperty