Upgrade Process

donel...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2022, 1:17:30 PM7/11/22
to ProfilesRNS
Hello All,

WE at Rush Medical University will be looking to upgrade our Profiles application from RNS 2.9.0 to  RNS 2.12.0 or RNS 3.0.0. This will be my first upgrade and would like to get users experience with doing so. I do have any few questions if anyone would be kind to answer

1. What was the process you followed upgrade your application?
2. Did you have to make any changes to the front-end?
3. Did you run into any "Gotcha" moments?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Regards,
Donel Choice

brrogers

Jul 18, 2022, 11:11:08 AM7/18/22
to ProfilesRNS
Hi Donel,

We upgraded from a similar version of profiles to 3.0.0 last year. The process was pretty simple, we took a backup of our database and then ran the upgrade scripts up to the 3.0.0 version. We didn't encounter any errors during this and the process was pretty easy when following along with the documentation. We then fully replaced our existing front end code with the 3.0.0 version (except the web.config file, you need to keep your current one to use with the new 3.0.0 code). We had not altered the 2.9.0 frontend code, so we did not need to make any front end code changes when upgrading. If you have previously altered your front end code those changes will not be brought over and will need to be replicated.

-Brandon

donel...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2022, 2:01:54 PM7/18/22
to ProfilesRNS
Hello Brandon,

Thank you for reply! I will be upgrading our instance over the weekend to RNS 2.12.0 or RNS 3.0.0

Regards,
Donel Choice