New GBL Microcourse

Randall Fujimoto

Jul 8, 2022, 4:49:28 PM7/8/22
to Professors at Play
Evaluating Games For Teaching and Workplace Learning
A new online microcourse in Game-Based Learning is starting next week (July 11, 2022) via CSU Fullerton's Extension and International Programs. If you are a K-12 educator, higher education instructor, or learning & development professional, this 3-week microcourse will help you learn how to effectively and efficiently analyze if an educational game is well designed or not.

More information:
https://extension.fullerton.edu/professionaldevelopment/course/17207/1

Randall Fujimoto

Aug 5, 2022, 2:39:17 PM8/5/22
to Professors at Play
The next microcourse in the CSU Fullerton GBL microcredential program starts on Monday 8/8. Open to anyone interested in GBL!

Designing Games For Teaching and Workplace Learning
This 4-week microcourse will take your existing instructional design knowledge and help you integrate some game design strategies in order to make your learning activities more engaging and fun.

More information:
https://extension.fullerton.edu/professionaldevelopment/course/17208/1

Randall Fujimoto

Sep 6, 2022, 4:34:59 PM9/6/22
to Professors at Play
A new microcourse in the CSU Fullerton Game-Based Learning microcredential program starts on Monday 9/12.

Getting Started With Games For Teaching and Workplace Learning
This 4-week microcourse will help you learn about the various types of games, platforms, and genres of learning games and how to evaluate and identify good educational games to use in a training or course.

More information:
https://extension.fullerton.edu/professionaldevelopment/course/17197/1

Entrepreneurial Learning

Jan 13, 2023, 11:35:19 PM1/13/23
to Professors at Play
@randall, hi
Could I please ask what the synchronous times are for the Spring edition of these classes and how many hours per week learners are expected to invest in the course!
My learners and I are based in Spain
Many thanks
Ed

Randall Fujimoto

Jan 16, 2023, 2:48:39 PM1/16/23
to Professors at Play
Hi Ed,

There are no required synchronous sessions for any of the courses, but we do have optional weekly meeting chats on Discord. The times for these can vary depending on people's schedules. We expect for learners to spend 5-10 hours per week, but of course it depends on how much each person wants to get out of their participation - the more you put in, the more you'll get out of it.

We're having a couple of free, online info sessions about the GBL microcredential program on Jan 27th and Feb 9th at 12pm Pacific Time for anyone interested, so  please come join us there!
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/level-up-game-based-learning-microcredential-at-csuf-tickets-449833011647

--Randall