Story Engine Cards

Katherine Troyer

Nov 8, 2021, 9:18:08 AM11/8/21
to Professors at Play
Hi everyone!

At the (amazing) Playposium, I mentioned that I've had a lot of success with using The Story Engine card deck in my courses, especially my creative expression classes.

I recently emailed the creator Peter Chiykowski and he wrote back! (Fan girl moment.) He said: "Right now my big priority is getting the word out about the 128 free copies of Deck of Worlds for educators, especially to educators who work in communities that are under-resourced or experiencing high demand for creative/educational tools." And then he shared the short link:  https://deckofworlds.com/educatorcopy

The cards are a perfect way to gamify the brainstorming process and they also help considerably with that struggle of writer's block. I could also see them being used in a course that is not as creative writing heavy as mine...because, at the end of the day, I think all writing--especially analytical writing--is about communicating a narrative. And these cards are so useful at helping people see the building blocks of stories.

Please use!

Best,

Katie Troyer

Assistant Director, The Collaborative for Learning and Teaching
Trinity University
San Antonio, TX
ktr...@trinity.edu