Playing in the Sandbox: A Pedagogy Podcast

Katherine Troyer

Apr 6, 2021, 6:35:40 PM4/6/21
to Professors at Play

Hi everyone!

If you are looking for more play and pedagogy (and who isn't!), I started a podcast for my university (that is available to the wide-world) that basically runs on the principle that, after a lot of thought, I've realized that what separates good professors from great professors is play...not just playing or games, but realizing that when we are engaging in meaningful play, we are engaging in meaningful learning.

The first several episodes of "Playing in the Sandbox: Conversations in Pedagogy" are explicitly on play; the latter episodes are less explicitly/obviously on play, but everything is grounded in the idea that whether you are giving a lecture or building your syllabus, you can still adhere to the principles of play (exploration, creativity, room for failure, agency, etc.)

I've really enjoyed being a part of this group and I look forward to many future playagogy conversations!

Best,

Katherine A. Troyer, PhD
Assistant Director, The Collaborative for Learning and Teaching
Trinity University (San Antonio, TX)
she/her/hers

Rene Shroat Lewis

Apr 7, 2021, 10:37:47 AM4/7/21
to Professors at Play
This is exciting, Katherine! I have just subscribed and can't wait to listen.
René