Update on the Playbook Status

Forbes, Lisa K

Jul 14, 2022, 7:15:16 PM7/14/22
to professor...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone!

David and I wanted to send out a message regarding the status of the Professors at Play Playbook that so many of you have contributed your playful ideas. For those of you who are new to the listserve, this is the Playbook we are talking about. For those of you who have submitted ideas, you should have heard from us and you should have received a google doc link to review your submission and answer questions we had. If you submitted and have not heard from us once, our messiness is the culprit, please email David or myself.

Right now, we are eye deep in editing and formatting. We thought this book would be a cute little baby panda bear, easy to hold in two hands but it has become a giant monster with three heads (a nice and playful monster but just a lot to deal with)! The book is around 250 pages so it’s just taking us some time. Once we get the editing and formatting tightened up, we will send all authors a draft to review and approve. Timeline – we really hope to get this completed and a final draft out to the publisher by Aug/Sept. Luckily, this publisher has a typically quick turnaround time so we would LOVE for this to be published and ready for readers and users by fall/winter.

So, that’s where we are with this. Thank you for your patience – this has been more work than we thought. We are very happy with it but it’s just more than we imagined when we gave you the initial timeline projections. Let us know if you have more questions!

Lisa K. Forbes, PhD, LPC

Assistant Clinical Professor

Counseling Program

University of Colorado Denver

Office: LSC 1115

She/Her/Hers

_____________________________________

*Follow my projects on social media

Professors at Play

Website: professorsatplay.org

Facebook: Professors at Play (@professorsatplay)

Instagram: @professors.at.play

Twitter: @PlayProfessors

The Mothering Project

Facebook: The Mothering Project

Instagram: @themotheringproject

Twitter: @Mothering_Drs

Alison James

Jul 15, 2022, 5:20:56 AM7/15/22
to Forbes, Lisa K, professor...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lisa and David

You have my heartfelt sympathy. I have just (last night) sent the proof edits for mine to the designer (huge undertaking) and I think your panda/monster analogy is spot on.

Hang in there, you will see daylight!

All the best

Alison