SMTP Package?

ashore

Feb 1, 2018, 1:33:44 PM2/1/18
to Professional PHP Developers
All, we've been using  swiftmailer in our Computer-Aided-Dispatch application for some years, and in view of some SSL issues that have surfaced it's time to retire it.

Some of our users run off localhost, and configuring XAMPP/PHP  for use with Windows mail in order to implement native PHP mail is nothing I'd care to get into.  Hence a package.

We're considering PHPMailer, and I wonder whether anyone here can recommend that or some alternative.  It has to be suitable for use with a free, open-source package.

Thanks for any insights.  AS

Robert Gonzalez

Feb 1, 2018, 1:40:00 PM2/1/18
to professional-php
Have you looked at the mailers in any of the more common frameworks? I am pretty sure Swift is part of Symfony now, but I am also pretty sure that Zend Framework, Drupal and several others have a component based email handling piece.

As an aside, we use PHPMailer where I work, but I believe we will be moving away from it for various reasons surrounding TLS handshakes and other security integrations. Use that for what it's worth to you.

This group is managed by the web application development team at www.360psg.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Professional PHP Developers" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/professional-php.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/professional-php/3219dab5-33fc-4f18-8b2f-feb582d60ae9%40googlegroups.com.

Robert Gonzalez