Shared Repositories

ashore

Apr 9, 2016, 3:53:58 PM4/9/16
to Professional PHP Developers
I'm interested in hearing from folks here re their usage of repositories like git to help ease the coordination difficulties associated with a distributed team of developers.

Our team is small but widely distributed, with no verbal interaction.  So far, we've used the archaic technique of emailing files to the lead developer (not me) but have seen too many instances of lost changes.

I'd like to speed up the release cycle, and I'm interested in hearing about how you folks set up and use shared repositories.  I'm aware of this - 'http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2011/01/23/git-shared-repository-tutorial.html' - but that's all, and I'll appreciate hearing how you guys do it.

Robert Gonzalez

Apr 16, 2016, 5:25:59 PM4/16/16
to professional-php
If you are not using git then you are already hurting yourself. Seriously, that is the least you should be doing.

This group is managed by the web application development team at www.360psg.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Professional PHP Developers" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/professional-php.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/professional-php/6c1243c7-6d8f-4ece-a06e-65016d6f3752%40googlegroups.com.

Robert Gonzalez