List of online contacts outside of rooms

Ingo Bürk

Nov 9, 2014, 10:32:22 AM11/9/14
to profan...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

looking for a CLI XMPP client, I came across profanity. So far it looks awesome. However, I mostly don't use "rooms". We have a Jabber at work and I also want to use it for the facebook chat.
Connecting works fine. But unless I'm in a room, it seems the only way to see a list of online users is by executing "/who online" – manually.

Is there any way to have a similar display of online users I can see when I'm in a room for facebook or for just being connected to the server (i.e., a list of all online contacts)?

Boothj5

Nov 9, 2014, 6:11:57 PM11/9/14
to profan...@googlegroups.com
Currently using /who is the only way to see who is online.

However, it should be relatively easy to add the roster as a side panel. I've added a feature request, and will update this topic once implemented.

https://github.com/boothj5/profanity/issues/450

Boothj5

Nov 12, 2014, 8:15:20 PM11/12/14
to profan...@googlegroups.com
This feature has now been implemented in master, the roster appears in the console window (similar to occupants in chat rooms) and is configurable with the following:
  • /roster show - Show the roster
  • /roster hide - Hide the roster (default)
  • /roster show offline - Show offline contacts
  • /roster hide offline - Hide offline contacts (default)
  • /roster show resource - Show connected resources for each online contact
  • /roster hide resource - Hide connected resources for each online contact (default)
  • /roster by group - Group contacts by roster group
  • /roster by presence - Group contacts by presence
  • /roster by none - Do not group contacts (default)