About Translation Table

Vivek Keshri

Oct 27, 2015, 11:19:27 AM10/27/15
to prodigal-discuss
Dear Group Member,

I am new user of this prodigal application.  I am analyzing metagenomic data. I want to apply Standard genetic translation table [-g 1]. Please let me know whether it is possible in this application or not? and How ?

I checked the results of my execution it is accepting only Table 11 and 4.

Waiting for favorable response...

Sincerely,

Vivek Keshri

dhyatt1

Dec 30, 2015, 6:12:02 PM12/30/15
to prodigal-discuss

This is not currently possible, since metagenome mode uses preset training files (none of which use genetic code 1, since they're all bacteria/archaea), but I'll think about how to add an option for this.
I could allow user overrides to manually specify starts and stops.

doug