Comparing outputs from different runs on same dataset.

a...@secondgenome.com

Nov 1, 2017, 5:37:25 PM11/1/17
to prodigal-discuss
Hi, I'm trying to write unit tests for a script I've written that calls Prodigal. My unit tests will require that I compare the contents of the output files from Prodigal. I wish to compare outputs from different runs of the same input data, however I can't do this since the output contents will differ per execution of Prodigal. How can I rectify this issue?

Doug Hyatt

Nov 1, 2017, 5:40:03 PM11/1/17
to prodigal-discuss
Not sure I'm following.  If you run prodigal multiple times on the same input file, you should get identical results.