Can prpdigal only translate the predicted gene sequence?

alien zj

Jun 14, 2017, 12:50:43 AM6/14/17
to prodigal-discuss
Hello, everyone!
     Is this, I used idba to assembly many sample's raw data, and got a lot of scaffold, and then used prodigal to predict gene of each scaffold,  I got gene sequences and protein sequences, finally put all the gene sequences together with cd-hit to redundancy, I got a gene catalogue, but need to do the translation of the gene catalogue. May be I need to write a perl script to translate it, or to extract protein sequences by gene id from each protein sequences file of each scaffold, but whether there is a parameter here let prodigal only translate the predicted gene sequence?

Thanks very much!