gbProks-prodigal not updated?

periwa...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2014, 8:33:43 AM12/18/14
to prodigal...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I downloaded the latest versions of prodigal and gbProks, but now when I try to run prodigal on all GB genomes via the Perl script, it gives me an error independent of whether I'm trying to run multiple copies or just a single thread. The error says that prodigal did not understand the arguments being passed by the Perl script. Should I go to an earlier version of prodigal or is there an updated runProdigal.pl script? As usual, I'm lost trying to parse the Perl.

Thanks
Vipul

dhyatt1

Jan 21, 2015, 6:25:43 PM1/21/15
to prodigal...@googlegroups.com

I don't think I ever got around to finishing the script to run Prodigal.

GBProks is on hold at the moment, as NCBI has updated its directory structure and changed it completely, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with that.  In theory, the downloading part should continue to work even after they discontinue their old Bacteria directory, since I get sequences straight from Entrez and/or the wgs ftp directory (which I don't believe are going to change).

regards,
doug