Fwd: [Squares] Global Online Occupy/Anonymous/Indignados Town Hall

Sophie Banasiak

Jan 22, 2012, 4:41:03 PM1/22/12
to processusconst...@googlegroups.com
sur les projets de réécriture de la constitution aux Etats-Unis...

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:28:12 +0100
From: tern...@gmail.com
To: squ...@lists.takethesquare.net

Thanks for the reply Michele,
I've visited the US a few times, the country is just so huge (and diverse) that it makes you think that the word "Global" means East to West Coast. I don't blame Sanders for that (I come from a chauvinist culture as well).

I was thinking like you before I post it, but then I though back in May-June 2011 I would had been so great to be able to send 13 questions about the movement born and centered in Spain to the whole network (few people were giving little attention to the re-love-ution at that time) and that is why I decided to give this US centered poll a chance, because we did not have one.
You may call it "generosity"(¿?)

:)

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Michelle Taylor <ches...@gmail.com> wrote:
...Those are very US-centric questions for something sent 'around the world'...

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Dr. TR. Rojas-D <tern...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By Owen danders in: http://www.facebook.com/events/279513442103221/
>
> You are cordially invited to the second global online
> Occupy/Anonymous/Indignados town hall. I've come up with a set of questions
> that I will post in hundreds of facebook groups around the world. You, along
> with the rest of the members of the Occupy, Anonymous, and Indignados
> movements who are on facebook around the world, give your opinion on the
> questions, discuss them, say whatever you like really. I will catalog all
> the responses and compile them into one document, which I will then edit for
> length and post in all the facebook groups. That way, everyone in the world
> can see whatever everyone else around the world thinks about the questions.
>
> My hope is that this will get us thinking and eventually acting as one
> global movement. My hope is that by the property of emergence, a collective
> consciousness will emerge from this and future town halls that will reshape
> this world.
>
> The results of the first town hall can be found
> here: http://occupyvision.com/archives/372
>
> WHEN: The second global online Occupy town hall will take place on January
> 21st, at 8pm Greenwich Mean Time, which is:
>
> 12pm, Noon, Pacific Time
> 3pm Eastern Time
>
> UNTIL: Whenever people stop posting...
>
> To figure out when 8pm Greenwich Mean Time is where you are, go
> here: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/
>
> WHERE: In hundreds of Facebook groups around the world. The town hall
> questions will be posted in every group to which this invitation was sent.
>
> If you need to find a Facebook group to join the discussion, here are some
> groups:
>
> http://www.facebook.com/groups/thisisoccupycentral/
> http://www.facebook.com/groups/272542879456091/
> http://www.facebook.com/groups/EarthHome/
>

> Here's the first draft of the questions that will be asked in the town
> hall:
>
> The 2nd Online Global Occupy/Indignados/Anonymous Town Hall:
>
> 1. About 130 people have taken this poll on http://occupyvision.com/:
>
> “Which issue should the American people try to solve first? Note that this
> does not mean which do you think is most important, but simply which should
> we tackle first?”
>
> 74% of respondents said “Getting money out of politics and ending corporate
> personhood”. No other option got above 7%. In the previous global online
> town hall, the majority of respondents who answered whether they agreed with
> this poll said that they did. In addition, national polling shows that 80%
> of Americans agree that getting money out of politics should be a top
> priority. I’m going to ask the question again, since we have a much larger
> and more diverse group of town hall participants this time. Should our
> united social movements collectively pursue getting money out of politics
> and ending corporate personhood as our first priority?

> [...]

Doctora por la Universidad de Santiago de Compostela (PhD)
Máster en Gestión de Sistemas Integrados (IMS - SHEQ)
Innovadora Social por el Instituto del Banco Mundial (WBI)
GT Extensión Gijón Toma la Calle
COORDINACIÓN ESTATAL DE ASAMBLEAS 15M
https://n-1.cc/pg/groups/554572/coordinacin-estatal-15m/
Take the Square International