Processing.js just on Firefox , not Opera and Chrome .

Cătălin George Feștilă

Sep 29, 2017, 12:55:19 PM9/29/17
to Processing.js
I used this source code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
   <title>Hello Web - Processing.js Test</title>
   <script src="processing.js"></script>
 </head>
   <h1>Processing.js Test</h1>
   <canvas data-processing-sources="gui_001.pde"></canvas>

and for gui_001.pde this source code:

void setup() {
  size(800, 500);
  background(50);
}
void draw() {
  ellipse(mouseX, mouseY, 10, 10);
  fill(50);
  rect(0, 0, width, 50)
  fill(255);
}

Is working just with Firefox browser.

On Chrome and Opera is show the h1 and p tag ,but the procesing canvas is a white area.

What is wrong on this ?
Thank you.

James Brink

Jul 24, 2018, 1:28:30 PM7/24/18
to Processing.js
I am having the same problem with all my sketches.  Any suggestions why the sketch only runs in Firefox but not Chrome, Opera, IE, or Edge?  (Using Windows 10)

Lee Brunjes

Jul 24, 2018, 1:38:49 PM7/24/18
to proces...@googlegroups.com
Are you browsing from the file system? The give away is the URL starts file://. Xmlhttprequest which is used to load the sktch may not work properly unless you are using a web server.