processing crashes when I try and process too much data

Michael Lomman

Dec 15, 2018, 12:30:30 AM12/15/18
to Processing.js
I don't know where to start.
I am writing a program in processingjs that reads a text file of temperatures and dates, reads it into an array, sanitises the data then goes to find min, max, mean, median, SD and then draw a graph of the maxima over the period, which happens to be 109 years. Readings are taken daily which means there are approx 39000 readings.

I am running this on my pc at home using wamp server 3.1.3 which has Apache 2.4.27, PHP 7.1.9,and MySQL 5.7.19, and my pc is win 10 on an amd athlon 32bit 4600 chip.

The problem is that I can't run all the data, the page crashes. I can process 2500  temps  and the pages works the result, but the page crashes into nothingness when I try to run all the temps.

I guess there is a maximum amount of data i can process at any time. How do I determine the limits??
I can work for a maximum value but not the min value??

I assume that my code could be more frugal and this is a learning curve.

Any advice well received.

I have attached my processingjs file and the data as ell.
functions7.pde
portLincolnDailyMaxTemp.txt