Courses using Learning Processing?

Daniel Shiffman

Nov 4, 2016, 2:17:54 PM11/4/16
to Processing Educators
I hope this isn't imposing, but I've been asked for a list of schools/courses that are using my text "Learning Processing" (now or previously).  If anyone on this list has used it for a course and can send me the school + year (and if there's a link to the course) that would be quite helpful, thank you!!

Dan

J David Eisenberg

Nov 4, 2016, 8:59:53 PM11/4/16
to processing...@googlegroups.com
Evergreen Valley College, Fall 2015 (and some semesters before that).
http://evc-cit.info/cit020/fall_2015/

> Dan

stephen Lewis

Nov 5, 2016, 8:49:50 AM11/5/16
to Processing Educators, daniel....@nyu.edu
I use your videos on P5 for grades 10, 11,12

Steve Lewis

ybakos

Nov 5, 2016, 1:25:07 PM11/5/16
to Processing Educators, daniel....@nyu.edu
Dan,

ASIM 1310 Art + Code
Center of Creative Computation
Southern Methodist University

Used from 2013 - 2016 while I taught it.

Kasper Kamperman

Nov 7, 2016, 3:29:01 AM11/7/16
to processing...@googlegroups.com
Course: Art & Technology.
School Creative of Technologies - Saxion University of Applied Sciences
Enschede - The Netherlands
1st year Programming course (lesson 1 to 5)

We used 2nd edition in year 2014-2015.

After that year we switched to Make: Getting Started with Processing (2nd edition).

The reason was that we didn't use the whole book and that the basics we wanted were also covered in Getting Started. So
we didn't felt that it was good to ask the students to buy the pricier book (35 euro vs. 15 euro) if we didn't use it completely.

Interesting was that students could answer our for-loop question a lot better after they used the "Getting Started" book. While the
boolean logic question (if/else with mouse interaction) was answered better after "Learning Processing".

Which is logical, because Learning Processing emphasises that way better, then Getting Started (which focusses more on getting things on the screen).

Learning Processing has good exercises (which Getting Started lacks), but we found that students didn't really make/use them.