Human cortex gene expression

Bryan Bishop

Jul 9, 2008, 3:12:07 PM7/9/08
to process...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

http://humancortex.alleninstitute.org/

I've crawled the majority of the XML from their dataset. These are the
guys that did an automated gene expression profile of the entire mouse
brain over at http://brain-map.org/ -- it turns out that somebody
behind the initiative was also keen enough to throw up a Google Maps
API + AJAX + SPARQL + RDF + XML interface in a browser for
neurotagging, regional information, and such.

So now I'm starting to look into the Google Maps API, or even Google
Earth, maybe I can throw up a 3D model of the brain and insert the
information into the system. Any ideas on how to go about doing this?

I'm trying to figure out a way to make this all the more functional
instead of just a few gigabytes sitting on the hdd. I have this large
collection of static information here:

http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Sustained_attention

Unfortunately it's all text. There's no models, no YAML, no model
serialization whatsoever, and I'm worrying that I'll just have to
genuinely write the code for each of these papers -- not necessarily to
simulate, but rather just manage the general methodologies of the
experiments and find interesting ways of exploring the brain using
typical techniques. For instance, The Robot Scientist:

http://expo.sf.net/

which is to some extent related to my automated manufacturing projects:
http://heybryan.org/exp.html
http://heybryan.org/new_exp.html
http://oscomak.net/

Any thoughts? Hints? Thank you,