Looking for Hadoop users

Chris K Wensel

Jan 15, 2008, 7:51:44 PM1/15/08
to process.theinfo
Hey all

I just got a link to your community from a friend and am very
intrigued.

I've been working on a project for a couple months that we hope will
help with the development and management of large data sets. It's
based on Hadoop, but adds a new processing model that we expect is
easier to use in many cases than raw Map/Reduce.

The project is called Cascading, you can get a brief description here:
http://www.cascading.org/

A more technical introduction can be found here:
http://www.manamplified.org/archives/2008/01/cascading-anatomy-of-a-cascade.html

So, I am looking for people who are currently using Hadoop, or are
looking for an excuse to start, and are willing to play around with
our alpha release.

If interested in helping out or have questions, drop me an email.

My apologies if this email breaks any etiquette rules. But it's darn
hard to find people with real world use-cases to help test, so please
forgive me.

regards,
chris