Postdoctoral position on procedural content generation

Jialin Liu

Nov 1, 2023, 1:14:53 PM11/1/23
to Student Games-Based Competition, The General Video Game Competition, procedur...@googlegroups.com, cig...@googlegroups.com, Jialin Liu, Georgios N Yannakakis
(Apologies for cross-posting)

Dear all,

The Learning and Optimisation in Games team (https://aingames.cn/) is looking for a self-motivated post-doc to work on procedural content generation. This post-doc is supported by the OPtiMal project and expected to work closely with Jialin Liu from Southern University of Science and Technology (Shenzhen, China) and Georgios N. Yannakakis from the Institute of Digital Games, University of Malta (Malta).

Particularly, we are looking for candidates with expertise and excellent publication record in as many of the following areas:
- procedural content generation / generative AI in games
- reinforcement learning
- computational creativity
- psychology of play and player types
- player behavior/experience modeling
- adaptation/personalisation in games.

Duration: 24 months.
Deadline: the position is open until filled.
Salary before taxes: 330k RMB (approx. 42k euros) per year, including support from the Shenzhen city.
Accommodation support: 2800 RMB (approx. 350 euros) per month.
Conference trip support: at least 25k RMB (approx. 3.2k euros) for two years from the university + additional support from my funding as per your request.

The position is based at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) at Shenzhen, China. But short visits/stay in Malta is encouraged. SUSTech (https://www.sustech.edu.cn/en/) is a very international university with a lovely campus. Shenzhen is also a very international city with nice food from around the world. More than 80% of faculties and researchers of our department (https://cse.sustech.edu.cn/en) have been worked or studied abroad.

Please contact Jialin (li...@sustech.edu.cn) and Georgios (georgios....@um.edu.mt) with your detailed cv including publication list, and up to five of your representative publications and reasons (why each of those publications is selected).

We are happy to answer questions via emails or have an informal chat via Tencent/Zoom meeting.

Best regards,
Jialin & Georgios