Prob2 UI graph visualization

Pamudu Prabathiya

Dec 27, 2022, 12:11:48 PM12/27/22
to prob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am using prob2 UI on my mac os and I need to visualize graphs for my project. However, when I try to generate a graph it says "Cannot run program "dot": error=2, No such file or directory".
I have downloaded Graphviz using homebrew and the version of Graphviz is 6.0.1.
I haven't configured the Graphviz with prob.
I would be grateful if you can let me know how can I overcome this problem.

Thank you.
Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 22.39.52.png
Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 22.40.34.png
Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 22.40.12.png

Michael Leuschel

Dec 28, 2022, 12:53:05 PM12/28/22
to Pamudu Prabathiya, prob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you should be able to set the DOT path using the preferences dialog of ProB2-UI (see screenshot below).
The path for homebrew with an ARM Mac is probably /opt/homebrew/bin/dot

I have added this path as a default location; you could try and download the latest snapshot version of ProB2-UI.
Maybe it will now work out of the box; but you may still have to set the DOT path using the preference dialog.

Greetings,
Michael

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 18.49.45.png

Pamudu Prabathiya

Dec 29, 2022, 7:35:55 AM12/29/22
to Michael Leuschel, prob-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your information and it worked. However, I can't find the created dot files. I don't know whether files are created or not. Could you please help me to generate and find those dot files?

Thank you.

Michael Leuschel

Jan 5, 2023, 4:19:45 AM1/5/23
to Pamudu Prabathiya, prob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

in ProB2-UI you can save the visualisations in a variety of formats by clicking on the save icon (small floppy disc next to “Edit Preferences” in the lower left corner).
There you can also choose .dot output.

Otherwise you can also create dot files using the command-line version of ProB, called probcli.
For example, you can do probcli MyMachine.mch -mc 10 -dot state_space out.dot

Greetings,
Michael