How to install ProB on mac os

Pamudu Prabathiya

Oct 10, 2022, 6:28:39 AM10/10/22
to ProB Users
I have downloaded ProB latest version on my mac os. After giving the necessary permissions from the security and privacy setting I could open It but it doesn't work correctly.
Can someone say, how to install proB on mac properly?
Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 15.55.20.png

Michael Leuschel

Oct 10, 2022, 6:37:49 AM10/10/22
to Pamudu Prabathiya, ProB Users
Hi,

I guess you are using the default Tcl/Tk version provided by Apple, which is broken.

Some hints are here:

https://prob.hhu.de/w/index.php?title=Download#Tcl.2FTk_on_macOS

You can either install Active Tcl/Tk, but their distribution has become less useful over the years.
There is still no official 8.6 version available.
Probably you should use Tcl/Tk 8.6 from hombrew or ports.
I would also suggest you use the current nightly release of ProB Tcl/Tk https://prob.hhu.de/w/index.php?title=Download#Nightly_Builds

You could also use the ProB2-UI based on JavaFX.
The installers come complete with Java.
https://prob.hhu.de/w/index.php?title=Download#ProB2-UI
Again, probably the nightly release is better.

Greetings,
Michael