Parsing error with tuple in set comprehension

maxime.g...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2017, 1:25:06 PM9/26/17
to ProB Users
Hello everyone,

I'm having a parsing error when trying to run a small B example wrote by my professor. The following
set comprehension fails to parse on my Linux system:

PROPERTIES
  & lambda_closure = closure1({ (q1,q2) | (q1,lambda,q2) : delta}) \/ id(Q)

Identifier expected
 ### File: /mnt/documents/Download/determination.mch
 ### Line: 13, Column: 32

Column 32 being the opening parenthesis in {(q1,q2) | (q1,lambda,q2) : delta}

The example worked fine on his macos computer, iirc.
I tried to run it using ProB 1.6.1, 1.7.0 and the nightly, without success.

Is this working as expected, or is this a bug? When I remove the parenthesis around (q1,q2),
the example parse and run correctly.

Here's my system:

Debugging mode: On :19
ProB Command Line Interface
  VERSION 1.7.0-final (e6c0bb3b0c68c2728b8d797c3e9eb8d140c50ab6)
  Mon Jul 10 15:09:21 2017 +0200
  Prolog: SICStus 4.3.3 (x86_64-linux-glibc2.17): Tue Jun  7 01:18:05 PDT 2016
  Application Path: /home/mgoyette/opt/ProB
  Java Runtime: /usr/bin/java
  Java Version: openjdk full version "1.8.0_144-b01"
  Java Parser: 2017-07-06 10:34:07.523
% ProB Finished

Thanks for your time,
Maxime G.

Michael Leuschel

Sep 27, 2017, 2:02:29 AM9/27/17
to maxime.g...@gmail.com, ProB Users
Hello Maxime,

thanks for your message.
The new behaviour is indeed working as expected: Atelier-B does not allow parentheses at that part of the set comprehension.
It reports "Unexpected expression with parenthesis”.
Within Event-B / Rodin this notation is allowed (and ProB accepts it), but not within classical B.
We decided to conform to Atelier-B’s syntax and now throw a parse error.
The solution is not to use parentheses, as you found out.

Kind regards,
Michael Leuschel

maxime.g...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2017, 10:59:06 AM9/27/17
to ProB Users
Hello Michael,

Thank you for the clarification.
My professor is probably using an old version of ProB then. I will share with him this thread, so he can update his examples.

Thank you (and everyone working on ProB) for your awesome work,
Maxime G.