Question regarding B method refinement

zakiahzu...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2017, 5:10:51 AM9/26/17
to ProB Users
Hi,
In general, I have two machines, X and Y. Y is the improvement of X.
Y uses the same invariants, operations and variables as X, and with some additional operation and variables.
But, I have implemented Y as another machine (.mch) and not as a refinement(.ref) of X.
Is it still correct if I say that Y is the improvement of X although I not implement it as a refinement of X ?

Thank you.

Michael Leuschel

Sep 26, 2017, 6:53:15 AM9/26/17
to zakiahzu...@gmail.com, ProB Users
Hi,
I am not sure I understand the question.
If you want to check that Y is a refinement of X you should make it a refinement machine of X.
If you have separate machines X and Y, you could try and do a trace refinement check using ProB, but this is not “official” B refinement.

Best regards,
Michael

signature.asc