about getting the archive of xoshiro / xoroshiro

KH

Jan 20, 2021, 3:43:26 PM1/20/21
to prng
Hello,
I want to ask if there is a way to get the archive of  xoshiro / xoroshiro so I can run and test the generators?
I found the archive of xorshift+ and xorshift* on GitHub: https://github.com/jj1bdx/xorshiftplus
but I need the archive of  xoshiro / xoroshiro.
Thank you

Sebastiano Vigna

Jan 21, 2021, 3:58:28 AM1/21/21
to prng
That site is a dump of my previous tar prng-1.2.tgz. That's no more online as I need to prepare a new one with all the new material, but it's a lot of work and you are the first person interested in it in years, so that's going to take some time. The code for the generators is all on http://prng.di.unimi.it/. What else do you need?

Ciao,

seba

KH

Feb 4, 2021, 1:41:43 PM2/4/21
to prng

Thank you for your answer.
I have a question about dividing by 2^64.
is this the right way to do it ?
//Output_Next is a function the convert the output of next() to double

#define NORM_64 ( ( 1./4 ) / ( 1LL << 62 ) )

double Output_Next ( void ){

    uint64_t a= next();

    const double result = a * NORM_64;

    return result;

}

I got this from the archive of xorshift+ and xorshift* and I want to make sure if this the correct way to it.

Thank you

Sebastiano Vigna

Feb 4, 2021, 2:59:41 PM2/4/21
to pr...@googlegroups.com
In general, please read my comments at prng.di.unimi.it. The code was written before I knew the intricacies of the problem.

Jsknkj RNG

Oct 25, 2021, 8:31:07 AM10/25/21
to prng
However, this could work in Intel extended precision, which uses 64 significant bits.

long double result = next()/0x1.p-64l;