GSoC Organizations

Sean McGregor

Feb 29, 2016, 3:18:30 PM2/29/16
to pri...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Although Google has not officially announced the list yet, it looks
like we won't be mentoring students this summer as part of the Google
Summer of Code [0]. Google apparently rotates orgs through the program
every few years. For instance, the Tor Foundation was not included
last year, but is included this year.

While it is personally disappointing that I won't be mentoring
students this summer, I am happy that our community won't incur the
time cost associated with the GSoC on-boarding process. With my
newfound time for development, I plan on finalizing an image sharing
application on top of Privly. Regardless of funding status, the
Priv.ly Project remains open to your contributions and I hope you will
consider sticking around.

Best,
Sean

PS: If your goal in life is to GSoC, then I hope you'll take a look at
Tor's projects [1].

[0] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/
[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6655685232164864/

Saksham Saxena

Feb 29, 2016, 10:08:27 PM2/29/16
to privly
A LOT of new faces in the org list this time indeed. And yeah, I'll definitely consider sticking around :)