Firefox Development Extension Installation Problems

Sett 35 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

Jason Wong

ulest,
7. des. 2015, 23:08:3207.12.2015
til privly
Hello,

I'm working on a task for GCI that requires me to clone the privly-jetpack as told here. When I load the extension in firefox (after running the jpm command), there is a yellow message telling me "Pending server check. The application is checking its connection with the remote server." In the URL bar, I am getting "chrome://privly/content/privly-applications/History/new.html" (when navigating to the history page, and the other pages also begin with a chrome://privly despite it being a firefox extension).

In my console, I'm getting:
console.warn: privly: Local Storage key was not in storage
console.warn: privly: Local Storage key was not in storage
console.warn: privly: Local Storage key was not in storage
console.warn: privly: Local Storage key was not in storage
console.warn: privly: Local Storage key was not in storage
console.warn: privly: Local Storage key was not in storage
console.warn: privly: Local Storage key was not in storage
console.warn: privly: Local Storage key was not in storage

I am running Firefox 42.0.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Jason

Sean McGregor

ulest,
8. des. 2015, 13:57:0508.12.2015
til pri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

Note: a number of messages seem to be skipping my inbox. If anyone is
expecting a reply from me in the next day and doesn't receive it, they
should ping me on IRC. I am working on it.

Firefox's extensions have the address "chrome://" because Mozilla
named the browser UI the "chrome" before Google Chrome existed. It is
an unfortunate name collision. Extension URLs on Google Chrome start
with "chrome-extension://".

Regarding the warnings, I would guess that either the first-run page
didn't run or the HTML applications need to be built. Want to drop in
on IRC to work through it?

-Sean
> --
>
> Privly testers should also sign up for this list:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/privly-test
> ---
> "privly" group.
> email to privly+un...@googlegroups.com.

Sean McGregor

Oregon State University, Department of Computer Science
Twitter: seanmcgregor
irc.freenode.net: smcgregor

Jason

ulest,
8. des. 2015, 19:36:1408.12.2015
til privly
Hello Sean,

I was not aware of the chrome extension. Thank you for hinting about the Privly Applications installation. It turns out I did not install the applications correctly. I went back and installed Python 2.7.11 (instead of using 3.x which gives a TypeError when installing) and redid everything, from installing the dependencies in the requirements.txt text to making the XPI file. I am now able to run it perfectly.

Jason
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend