GSoC Introducing Myself: Robert Mozayeni. Interested in working on the Privly iOS application.

Robert S Mozayeni

Mar 26, 2015, 1:37:00 AM3/26/15
to pri...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

I'm Rob. I'm finishing up my freshman year studying computer science at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. I care deeply about privacy, and would like to contribute my time and effort to developing tools that allow individuals to preserve their privacy, conveniently. This is why I want to work with Privly.

I'm an iOS developer with a good amount of experience (résumé attached). I'd like to work on further developing the Privly iOS project. I think there are some interesting things we can do with action extensions.

Thanks!
-Rob
Robert Mozayeni Resume.pdf

Sean McGregor

Mar 26, 2015, 1:51:41 AM3/26/15
to pri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

Welcome!

iOS was not in our GSoC 2014 class, so it needs more work than the
Android app. Specifically, we would like to see:

* Updating for the current version of iOS.
* Integrating with various social network APIs, as is the case on Android.
* Adding the key exchange mechanisms we are planning for this summer.

We are coming up on the last day to submit for GSoC 2015 and while it
is possible to edit the proposals up until the selection date, it is
going to be difficult to get the proposal to a workable state and make
the requisite pull requests on the existing code base. GSoC is a
(very) long shot at this point, but we can help you get integrated
with the project regardless of funding potential.

Best,
Sean
> --
>
> Privly testers should also sign up for this list:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/privly-test
> ---
> "privly" group.
> email to privly+un...@googlegroups.com.

Sean McGregor

Oregon State University, Department of Computer Science
Twitter: seanmcgregor
irc.freenode.net: smcgregor

Hery Ratsimihah

Mar 26, 2015, 11:47:58 AM3/26/15
to pri...@googlegroups.com
What Sean said. A good proposal takes time and work and incremental improvements with a mentor, keep that in mind for GSoC 2016 if you're still interested then.
In the meantime, I'd be happy to work with you on bringing the iOS app back to life.

Best,
Hery