Introduction to Testing Video

Sean McGregor

Aug 1, 2012, 3:58:43 AM8/1/12
to privl...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I prepared a video to kickoff testing: https://vimeo.com/46737325

Thanks for contributing to the development of Privly. As testing proceeds, we will email the list to notify you of additional functionality to test. JesseM and Jen will be doing a lot of the organizing around this list.

Best,
Sean McGregor

jojo

Aug 5, 2012, 1:26:03 AM8/5/12
to privl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting the video it helps :)

Chuck Frasher

May 28, 2014, 1:14:17 PM5/28/14
to privl...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to use Privly in Gmail? I tried to send myself a message but can't figure out how to get it to work in Gmail. Also, will this encrypt attachments as well? Thanks, Chuck

Sean McGregor

May 28, 2014, 2:06:04 PM5/28/14
to privl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chuck,

Which version are you running (browser and where you downloaded the extension)? It should be working on Gmail for the email text. We haven't released functionality for attachments yet.

Best,
Sean

Sent from a mobile device

Chuck

May 28, 2014, 2:10:05 PM5/28/14
to privl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean. I got the extension here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/privly/. So do I need to register at the privly website to use the extension? I just did this a few minutes ago so I am a little clueless. I didn't see instructions on registering or anything like that but I do see a sign in at the bottom of the screen so I guess I need to register. But I don't see an option to register. Just t sign in.  Chuck

Sean McGregor

May 28, 2014, 2:40:56 PM5/28/14
to privl...@googlegroups.com
I can issue you a testing account on Privlyalpha.org or you can change which content server your extension is associated with.

To change content servers:

Go to the options page for the extension to change your content server to dev.privly.org. The options page can be accessed from the add-ons listing for Firefox.

You can then register for an account at dev.privly.org and you'll be good to go.

We don't want to make this process too easy while the system is still in alpha so we can reinforce the fact that the system is still in very active development.

Feel free to send follow up emails!

Sent from a mobile device

Chuck

May 29, 2014, 2:24:37 PM5/29/14
to privl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I have a lot going on right now but I will follow your instructions when I get a chance and send you an update. I am very impressed with this idea.  Chuck