New Privly Bug Fixes

Sean McGregor

Aug 6, 2012, 9:43:50 PM8/6/12
to privl...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Thanks for the bug reports so far. We fixed the following bugs:

Firefox and Chrome Extension:
* Facebook introduced a new click tracking strategy, which interfered
with the extension. In some cases it would cause what looked like mini
chat windows to pop up. We fixed the problem by introducing a new
attribute which is never used by host sites.
* Extension now reads and respects parameters found on the ciphertext
URL. If encrypted content indicates it was destroyed, the extension
will no longer attempt to inject the content.
* Fixed encoding error which could cause the link to forget the
location of the encrypted text

Firefox Extension:
* Fixed bug where host page's onload event could fail

Chrome Extension:
* The encrypted content posts were not resizing properly on many
sites. This resulted in many posts getting cut off. The problem should
now be fixed.

Current Chrome Version: 0.0.6
Current Firefox Version: 0.2.3 (pending Mozilla Approval)

Please note that the fixes for Firefox are still pending approval from
Mozilla. They usually take about a week to review the changes.

Best,
Sean