Summer of Code, Releases, and Progress

Sean McGregor

Apr 9, 2013, 3:19:26 AM4/9/13
to privly-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Privly Announcement List,

It has been a busy few months in Privly land:

* Privly was accepted into Google's Summer of Code, which means Google
will pay university student(s) for a summer of full-time work on
Privly! For more information, read our Google Summer of Code materials
[1].

* We had a major release of the Chrome extension that boasts local
application injection, content server whitelisting, a compiled
library, and other goodies [2]. The extension is still in Alpha, but
we are working towards a security review for the Beta release.

* We submitted an academic security paper to a major security
symposium. Reviews are still pending, but you can preview a section on
the blog [3].

The latest Chrome extension's functionality allows people unaffiliated
with Privly development to setup their own server and whitelist their
domain. Non-developer invites on privlyalpha.org will be distributed
to users when the system successfully passes through security review.

If you want to discuss development, feel free to email development
list [4], join #privly on irc.freenode.net, or email
comm...@privly.org.

Best,
Sean McGregor

[1] https://github.com/privly/privly-organization/wiki/Privly-Google-Summer-of-Code

[2] https://www.privly.org/content/chrome-extension-alpha-release

[3] https://www.privly.org/content/academic-foundation-privly

[4] https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/privly

--

Oregon State University, Department of Computer Science
Twitter: seanmcgregor