Problem reaching required documentation on your site

Jack Condon

Nov 15, 2021, 9:56:25 PM11/15/21
to PrivateEyePi
Hello,
Yesterday, I started installing a WIFI temperature sensor, and almost got it fully setup. I ran out of time though, and decided to complete the install today.

I am now trying today, and unfortunately, all the documentation I was referencing yesterday is no longer available from your site -- meaning now I am dead in the water.

Here is a an example:

Yesterday, I saw an install guide at this URL.
Today, I get  a "404" Not Found screen:
"The requested document was not found on this server."
(from Webserver at privateeyepi.com)

My hope is this is something that can be easily addressed.
BTW, what I really need is the "latest config guide" (which I do not have the URL for), but desperately need. If someone has a PDF of this they can forward (in lieu of the website doc, I would appreciate it).

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Jack

Glenn Seaton

Nov 16, 2021, 9:41:04 AM11/16/21
to PrivateEyePi
Sorry it has been corrected.  Server update error.

Jack Condon

Nov 17, 2021, 9:12:32 AM11/17/21
to PrivateEyePi
Hello,
I wanted to let you know that while I am still unable to access the setup documents from your site (404 Forbidden Access errors), I was able to find the information I needed in the InterNet Wayback machine, specifically:

I am sure at some point you will get the access permissions for these files working the way they are supposed to, so I will will keep checking back.
Thanks again for your help!
Best Regards,
Jack

Jack Condon

Nov 17, 2021, 9:12:37 AM11/17/21
to PrivateEyePi
I appreciate you looking into this!
In checking the URL I have (http://projects.privateeyepi.com/WIFI-Sensor/wifi-temperature-sensor), it's still broken:
Best Regards,
Jack

Glenn Seaton

Nov 17, 2021, 9:25:49 AM11/17/21
to PrivateEyePi
Yes that is a bad link. The base generator had issues so that link and others were part of the problem.
The site was updated yesterday, following the current web links will get to the "WiFi Sensor Getting Started Guide" is working.
Hopefully all is working, but please let me know it you find another.

Glenn