Dashboard showing no data for DHT22 Sensor

af4pm

Dec 26, 2022, 11:22:12 PM12/26/22
to PrivateEyePi
Today I installed the PrivateEyePi application, set up an account and hooked up a DHT22 sensor. I have the terminal output turned on.

The application connects and the message appears to be correct for both the temperature and humidity. The dashboard shows both sensors on the display, however the data is empty. I can see the data exists in the sending string, but the read-back is a null byte string of zero length.  The dashboard display is attached.

Thoughts as to what might be going on?

Note: The Globals.py file was changed to include the token, the autostart_dht22 was changed to True, and the Temperature was set to Fahrenheit. No other lines were changed.

I am using python 3 on a Pi 2 running Bullseye.

Thanks
Screenshot from 2022-12-26 16-47-36.png

af4pm

Dec 27, 2022, 7:57:46 PM12/27/22
to PrivateEyePi
Here is the output from the terminal. Note that this also crashed with an HTTP error at the end.

Reading DHT22 sensor on GPIO 4
Temperature = 19.6
Humidity = 39.3
Host Update: https://www.privateeyepi.com/alarmhostr.php?token=b9fa0c86f207204eb814ad6d428afdcb&function=37&opcode0=4&opcode1=67.28&opcode2=1
Responce is:  b''  lenght of  0
Host Update: https://www.privateeyepi.com/alarmhostr.php?token=b9fa0c86f207204eb814ad6d428afdcb&function=37&opcode0=34&opcode1=39.3&opcode2=2
Responce is:  b''  lenght of  0
Reading DHT22 sensor on GPIO 4
Temperature = 19.6
Humidity = 39.3
Host Update: https://www.privateeyepi.com/alarmhostr.php?token=b9fa0c86f207204eb814ad6d428afdcb&function=37&opcode0=4&opcode1=67.28&opcode2=1
Responce is:  b''  lenght of  0
Host Update: https://www.privateeyepi.com/alarmhostr.php?token=b9fa0c86f207204eb814ad6d428afdcb&function=37&opcode0=34&opcode1=39.3&opcode2=2
Responce is:  b''  lenght of  0
Reading DHT22 sensor on GPIO 4
Temperature = 19.6
Humidity = 39.3
Host Update: https://www.privateeyepi.com/alarmhostr.php?token=b9fa0c86f207204eb814ad6d428afdcb&function=37&opcode0=4&opcode1=67.28&opcode2=1
An exception of type HTTPError occurred. Arguments:
()
HTTP Error 504: Gateway Time-out

af4pm

Dec 27, 2022, 7:57:49 PM12/27/22
to PrivateEyePi
Note: Token changed, so shown token is not valid

MattW

Dec 27, 2022, 7:57:53 PM12/27/22
to PrivateEyePi
At approximately 1:20am (Central-US) on Dec 26th, all four of my sensors went offline.  These sensors are split between two different houses on different internet connections. The problem is unlikely to be on my end.  I suspect a server error...

Good luck!

Glenn Seaton

Dec 27, 2022, 9:16:25 PM12/27/22
to PrivateEyePi
I can not find your accounts to resolve the issue.
Please contact sa...@jemrf.com with your login email address

Justin Schuette

Dec 28, 2022, 1:22:19 AM12/28/22
to Glenn Seaton, PrivateEyePi
I am seeing similar issues with my account as well. Everything was working fine and updating on the dashboard and at 1:22 am on the 26th it stopped updating on the dashboard, see attached screenshot.

Screenshot_20221227_201834_Chrome.jpg

af4pm

Dec 29, 2022, 7:14:07 PM12/29/22
to PrivateEyePi
Connection started working, but about 30 min ago it started failing with a "Self-signed Certificate Error" so SSL is failing  when it tries to post.