disconnections url errors

A HAMSTER

Aug 18, 2021, 10:13:18 PM8/18/21
to PrivateEyePi
i was having issues trying dallas.py out. every things works global .py configured etc etc
problam was would randomly disconnect and would have to re-esecute startup
 seems dns or url error.... that could be anything from crappy internet etc but as i have read it fails and does not ry to connect again.
ping times and internet speed are fine.   so i decided to take the first thing out of the equation.DHCP.  Static'd the pi and set dns to external dns ip instead of the router.
router may be on the way out. seen many times with our client that routers crap the bed and have DHCP issues. Set static and all is well or replace the router.
This seems to be the case this time as seems stavle since i set staic in the pi ethernet port.
Time will tell.
Cannot get a dht 11 to work as others see to have not sure whats up with that.
DHT22 is prefered but i dont have at the moment.   I need the low end temp capability in Canada. We do hit minus 40 and worse. lol