Documentation

Chris Neufeld

Mar 27, 2022, 7:21:05 PM3/27/22
to PrivateEyePi
Is there current documentation somewhere? The dashboard looks nothing like what is in the documentation on privateeyepi.com.
If I have a door switch connected to a gpio, is that sensor a gpio or a door? And what do I put in "decimals" and "suffix". Is one of those where I identify the gpio pin?
Very confusing.

Glenn Seaton

Mar 27, 2022, 10:38:00 PM3/27/22
to PrivateEyePi
I am making regular updates to the online documentation at https://projects.privateeyepi.com/home.php, all the latest updates are posted.
The work to show the new Desktop options from the old options is still a work in progress.

The GPIO option is generic, the Door option would be the right answer if the GPIO pin was being used to monitor a door.

The "decimal" is how many decimals do you want displayed 0, 1 or 2.  Most temperature sensors provide 2, pressure sensors provide 3.  User option.

The suffix is the letter behind the number, F for Fahrenheit and the system will put a temperature icon in front of the F, C is usually for Centigrade, L would usually be Lux/lumens .
The suffix is any letter that means something to you, the system does not care, it only displays it.

Glenn