Auto login to the dashboard

Gadjet Nut

Feb 22, 2015, 8:45:33 PM2/22/15
to privat...@googlegroups.com
Did you know you can auto-login to your dashboard by passing your login details in the URL like this:

Just replace your_...@address.com and your_password with your email address and password.

David Sturzenbecher

Feb 22, 2015, 9:48:21 PM2/22/15
to privat...@googlegroups.com
THANK YOU!

Brett Johnson

Jan 18, 2016, 7:52:16 PM1/18/16
to PrivateEyePi
Why not have a user configurable session length? Or even offload the work to a social login framework to handle authentication? In my case, I'm just using the temperature/humidity dashboard so not worried at all about my data being seen by others.

Gadjet Nut

Jan 19, 2016, 9:52:49 AM1/19/16
to PrivateEyePi
Just add a browser bookmark as shown above and then there is no need to enter login details. There is a 5 min timeout. Not sure integration to a social network will make things easier. It adds another level of complexity for users as they need to have a social network account logged in first.

pwigle

Apr 2, 2016, 8:24:12 AM4/2/16
to PrivateEyePi
Is there a way to ARM/DISARM the alarm using a single URL? This would be great to add a bookmark that directly arm or disarms the alarm.
On Windows 10 Mobile you can add a tile to the start screen that links to a bookmark. I would like to have 2 tiles added, one for arming and one for disarming the alarm.

Scott W. Vincent

Apr 3, 2016, 10:22:30 AM4/3/16
to PrivateEyePi
Very nice, thanks!