Unable to setup gateway

John Murray

Jun 9, 2024, 9:45:57 AMJun 9
to PrivateEyePi
I just received teh JemRF Gateway.

1. I plugged the gateway into power, and within 30 seconds, I see the JRF00264406 SSID from my macbook pro running Sonoma 14.5.

2. I connect to the gateway's SSID and login with WiFirelay.
3. I browse to 192.168.4.1/setupdetails and enter the SSID for my local wifi network and the proper network password.
4. I preset "Save"
5. I wait, and the WLAN address is not returned ever.

I have tried this on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.  I never get back a WLAN address.

The JemRF gateway is running firmware version 2.4.8.

What could I try?

Thank you,

John

Screenshot 2024-06-09 at 4.24.58 AM.png
192.168.4.1-Screenshot 2024-06-09 at 4.01.01 AM.png
192.168.4.1:details-Screenshot 2024-06-09 at 4.06.31 AM.png

Glenn Seaton

Jun 9, 2024, 3:41:56 PMJun 9
to PrivateEyePi
I do no see any obvious issues with what you are doing or the Gateway's response.

Please contact sa...@jemrf.com so we can work this offline.

Glenn

John Murray

Jun 10, 2024, 10:48:25 AMJun 10
to PrivateEyePi
I was trying to use a 5G wifi network.  Evidently the device only supports 2.4G.  Thank you for your help!

John

Glenn Seaton

Jun 10, 2024, 11:18:31 AMJun 10
to PrivateEyePi
You are correct the Gateway only supports 2.4G WiFi.
I did not realize that was not clearly documented and will make that correction.

Glenn

John Murray

Jun 23, 2024, 12:17:52 AMJun 23
to Glenn Seaton, PrivateEyePi
I have gotten a little further.  I have a gateway (JRF00264406) and a temperatur/humidity sensor (PEP01431226).

On the jemrf.com/gateways page, I see the sensor listed as a gateway.  Why would the temperature sensor be listed as a gateway?

i do not see the gateway listed anywhere on your monitoring site.  What could I be doing wrong?  the gateway no has a connection, but maybe I need to configure something differently?

john
Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 8.49.55 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-22 at 8.50.23 PM.png

Glenn Seaton

Jun 25, 2024, 11:00:19 AMJun 25
to PrivateEyePi
John,
In our structure, a gateway is a device that sends data to the server.
So a WiFi sensor has two functions, first, take one or more measurements and then send them to the server.
A WiFI sensor can have up to 4 temperature sensors.
I do not know why the Temperature and humidity are not showing up.
If you go to the Sensor Config tab do you see the Temperature and Humidity readings?
Did you enable Send to Server?

The issue with the WiFI Gateway not showing up is because of an error on our server that did not automatically add it to your account.

Glenn