WIFI Waterproof Temperature Sensor Configuration

Da...@themcconnells.net

Apr 3, 2021, 9:23:51 PM4/3/21
to PrivateEyePi

I have recently acquired a WIFI Waterproof Temperature Sensor - Internet Of Things (IOT) and installed it today.

I have looked through the documentation and forums and have a few questions that I can’t seem to find the answers to.

My 3 questions are…

1)   What is the Analog Sensor Value and why does it keep counting up?

2)   What exactly does the Disable AP Mode do and when should I and when shouldn’t I use it?

3)   What exactly does the Allow external control check box do?  I have seen some posts about it but none that I have seen seam to thoroughly explain its purpose.

Thanks in advance!

David:-)

PEP-Setup.png

Gadjet Nut

Apr 12, 2021, 6:29:35 PM4/12/21
to PrivateEyePi
The analog sensor is for analog devices that can be wired to the ADC input. Its not actually counting up, its displaying random values because its not connected to an analog sensor.

AP Mode is "Access Point" Mode. If you enable it then the device will no longer advertise the WIFI access point. Its a security feature if you want to not advertise the PEP access point. Need to be a careful using this option if you don't know its IP address (although looks like you are using a static address so probably OK).

Allow external control allows you to connect an external relay and control it (on/off) via the PrivateEyePi control feature on their dashboard.

David

Apr 12, 2021, 8:07:06 PM4/12/21
to PrivateEyePi
Thanks  Gadjet Nut!
I do indeed have it statically addressed.

David

Apr 12, 2021, 8:11:15 PM4/12/21
to PrivateEyePi
By the way is there a method of resetting one of these to the original "out of the box" configuration?

Gadjet Nut

Apr 12, 2021, 8:13:32 PM4/12/21
to David, PrivateEyePi
Yes. Click the reset button on the home screen.

David

Apr 12, 2021, 8:19:54 PM4/12/21
to PrivateEyePi
 I have an older one that I am unable to connect to via Wi-Fi any longer, is there a way to reset it other than using the button on the home screen?

Gadjet Nut

Apr 12, 2021, 8:59:29 PM4/12/21
to PrivateEyePi
No there isn't another way. If you used the Disable AP mode then you can force it to re-advertise the access point by powering it up in an area where it cannot access your WIFI router. If the device can no longer connect to the WIFI router then it overrides the Disable AP mode setting and starts advertising the access point once again.

David

May 31, 2021, 12:19:38 AM5/31/21
to PrivateEyePi
Gadjet:
With your help I was able to get the WIFI Waterproof Temperature Sensor running again today.
It seems that I have another issue with it though.  Even though it didn't start sending data until around 1:00 pm today and I have it set to transmitting every 15 minutes by 11:15 tonight I am receiving an 80% usage warning. any idea what might be the cause of the sudden spike in usage?
Message has been deleted