Temps below 32 degrees F won't register - shows 7400 degrees

Barry White

Nov 24, 2021, 12:33:05 AM11/24/21
to PrivateEyePi
I'm using a  DS18B20 sensor with a Raspberry Pi Zero and the Dallas software. Whenever the temp gets below 32 degrees Fahrenheit the device reads 7400 degrees. I've been doing some research and it appears the software can't handle readings below 0 Celsius, or negative numbers, but I didn't see any suggestions on how to modify the software to make it work right.

Any ideas?

Gadjet Nut

Nov 24, 2021, 11:26:21 AM11/24/21
to Barry White, PrivateEyePi
Refer the manual, see below. So its either a limitation in modprobe or in dallas.py code or a wiring issue? How long are the wires leading to your sensor? I’ve see issues before with long wires causing resistance and needing a smaller resister to compensate.

  • Measures Temperatures from -55°C to +125°C (-67°F to +257°F)