Fwd: BREAKING: SCOTUS gives thumbs up on voter suppression

Paul Cocoanto

Jul 1, 2021, 1:44:01 PM7/1/21
to privat...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Blue States Voting Rights <in...@bluestatespac.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 12:36 PM
Subject: BREAKING: SCOTUS gives thumbs up on voter suppression
To: Paul Cocoanto <greenpa...@gmail.com>

Blue States
MAGA-Republicans and right-wing extremists are popping open the champagne today.

They’re rejoicing at the decision by the Supreme Court to make it more challenging for courts to protect voting rights laws or strike down voting suppression laws.

Additionally, the SCOTUS decision again hacks away at the Voting Rights Act of 1965. It gives MAGA-controlled state legislatures even more power to suppress Black and Brown voters.

We can’t kid ourselves. This SCOTUS decision is a massive blow to protecting one of the fundamentals of our democracy: the right to vote.

That’s why we’re doubling down on our efforts to help elect Democrats in states like Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin who will protect our voting rights.

If you've saved your payment info with ActBlue Express, your donation will process immediately:

Give $5 now

Give $15 now

Give $25 now

Give $50 now

Give $100 now

Other amount

It’s now a two-pronged strategy to protect our voting rights and stop voter suppression:

✅ Maintain pressure through the summer on the U.S. Senate to pass The For the People Act and the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act;

✅ Help elect Democrats to take back state legislatures currently controlled by MAGA-crazies.

We’re going all out on these critical strategies—but we urgently need your support.

Can you pitch in to help? Your donation will help us elect Democrats up and down the ballot in 2022 and protect our voting rights →

Thanks for stepping up.

— Blue States Team

Blue States PAC is the preeminent grassroots organization dedicated to supporting Democratic state parties and the candidates and causes that will move progress forward across the country. Join the fight by following un Facebook.

Republicans are ready to destroy Joe Biden’s plan by controlling state governments. We’re already seeing GOP-controlled legislatures and Republican governors taking swift action to halt progress on issues like voting rights, sensible gun control, women’s health, and affordable health care. That’s why we’re fighting back.

Democrats in critical states like Virginia, Georgia, Florida, and Michigan urgently need our help. Can you chip in $5 today to help state Democrats win in 2021 and 2022?

Donate Now

Contributions or gifts to Blue States PAC are not deductible for income tax purposes.

Paid for by Blue States PAC, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Blue States PACA
611 Pennsylvania Ave
Suite 143
Washington, DC 20003