client ip when using simplesamlphp

tbi

Mar 12, 2017, 9:22:08 AM3/12/17
to privacyidea
Hi all

I am using privacyIDEA together with simplesamlphp. Both is installed at the same machine.

Now I have the problem, when a system is using SAML 2.0 to authenticate against simplesamlphp, I can never see the client ip in the audit log. I always see 127.0.0.1 as client ip.

This means, I cannot assign any policies to a specific client.

As I can see in the code of the simplesaml plugin, this should not happen:

/**

 * privacyidea authentication module.

 * 2017-02-13 Cornelius Kölbel <corneliu...@netknights.it>

 *            Forward the client IP to privacyIDEA

Since the change is quite new, I am not sure if this feature is implemented correctly yet. Does this work for anyone?

Best regards
Tobias

Jochen Hein

Mar 13, 2017, 12:11:11 AM3/13/17
to tbi, privacyidea

Hi Tobias,

tbi <tbal...@gmail.com> writes:

> Now I have the problem, when a system is using SAML 2.0 to authenticate
> against simplesamlphp, I can never see the client ip in the audit log. I
> always see 127.0.0.1 as client ip.

Did you add a configuration which clients are allowed to overwrite the
client IP? See Configuration -> System Configuration and
http://privacyidea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/configuration/system_config.html#override-authorization-client
for details.

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.

tbi

Mar 13, 2017, 2:27:21 AM3/13/17
to privacyidea, tbal...@gmail.com
Hi Jochen

Oh no, I wasn't aware that this is necessary. Thanks for the tip.

Regards Tobias

Jochen Hein

Mar 13, 2017, 12:23:35 PM3/13/17
to tbi, privacyidea
tbi <tbal...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Jochen
>
> Oh no, I wasn't aware that this is necessary. Thanks for the tip.

If I remember correctly, /var/log/privacyidea/privacyidea.log should
have messages that the client is not allowed to overwrite the IP.

Did you have such messages?