Changing Transitions and Rewards over Time

Ian Riley

Dec 9, 2022, 11:46:48 AM12/9/22
to PRISM model checker
Hello,

I'm trying to model a Shapley game where each state has a probability distribution over possible alternatives and each alternative has its own reward. There are many states. I'm currently representing the matrix game with a 3x3 with discrete values but would like to move up to larger matrices with real values.

I've only spent a small amount of time reading over the language specs for PRISM and PRISM-games. It won't be feasible for me to hardcode the entire reward structure or distribution of transition probabilities. I was hoping that through the Java API I might be able to programmatically update the probabilities and rewards as I step through the sim.

Is that possible in PRISM?

Regards,
Ian Riley

Kaustabha Ray

Dec 9, 2022, 11:58:42 AM12/9/22
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is an explicit model importer from the command line version with more details in the following pages

You may want to write a Java program to create files in the specific input format to use in the command line.

Dave Parker

Dec 19, 2022, 3:56:22 PM12/19/22
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com, Ian Riley
Hi Ian,

You can also construct and solve/verify models programmatically with
PRISM via Java. There are some instructions and examples here:

https://github.com/prismmodelchecker/prism-api

The "model generator" examples are most relevant to what you want to do.
Please feel free to ask here on the forum for further help.

Best wishes,

Dave