Run PRISM using cmd

Fatma Kachi

Jun 19, 2022, 3:30:10 AM6/19/22
to PRISM model checker
Hello,
I am trying to run   PRISM using cmd (shell) on Windows 10; but the following error message appears  (I have installed it (version 4.7) and added it to environment variables):

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> prism
Error: Could not find or load main class prism.PrismCL
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: prism.PrismCL
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

please how to solve this problem?

Thank's.

Dave Parker

Jun 19, 2022, 8:21:17 AM6/19/22
to kachi...@gmail.com, prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I assume you installed the Windows binary?

Does the GUI version run from the shortcuts that are installed in the
Desktop menus?

And does it run from the command shell if you navigate to the bin
direction and run from there, as suggested in the installation
instructions? E.g.:

cd "c:\Program Files\prism-4.5-win\bin"
prism ..\prism-examples\simple\dice\dice.pm

Best wishes,

Dave

On 19/06/2022 06:36, kachi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to run   PRISM using cmd (shell) on Windows 10; but the
> following error message appears  (I have installed it (version 4.7) and
> added it to environment variables):
>
> PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> prism
> *Error: Could not find or load main class prism.PrismCL
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: prism.PrismCL
> *PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
>
> please how to solve this problem?
>
> Thank's.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/prismmodelchecker/0edcdd4f-3ef8-4b4f-bf19-a600979516b3n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/prismmodelchecker/0edcdd4f-3ef8-4b4f-bf19-a600979516b3n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

FATMA FATMA

Jun 19, 2022, 1:18:04 PM6/19/22
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

thank you,  you are right, now it works
Best regards,
Fatma

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/prismmodelchecker/fd3218cd-5ca4-f3bc-09c1-28a5ce3b8c81%40cs.bham.ac.uk.

FATMA FATMA

Jun 20, 2022, 4:15:09 AM6/20/22
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I found these lines of code in the file prism.bat:
rem PRISM home directory
rem Default is .. so it can be run directly from the bin directory.
rem Change ".." to the actual PRISM directory to allow it to be run from anywhere.
Please how can I apply the 3rd one?

Best regards,
Fatma

Dave Parker

Jun 20, 2022, 4:19:35 AM6/20/22
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com, fk.gl...@gmail.com
Hi Fatma,

There is an example given in the same .bat file:

set PRISM_DIR=c:\Program Files\prism-3.2

Update according to your version and install location.

Best wishes,

Dave

On 20/06/2022 10:14, fk.gl...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> Desktop menus?
>
> And does it run from the command shell if you navigate to the bin
> direction and run from there, as suggested in the installation
> instructions? E.g.:
>
>   cd "c:\Program Files\prism-4.5-win\bin"
>   prism ..\prism-examples\simple\dice\dice.pm <http://dice.pm>
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Dave
>
> On 19/06/2022 06:36, kachi...@gmail.com
> <mailto:kachi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to run   PRISM using cmd (shell) on Windows 10;
> but the
> > following error message appears  (I have installed it
> (version 4.7) and
> > added it to environment variables):
> >
> > PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> prism
> > *Error: Could not find or load main class prism.PrismCL
> > Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: prism.PrismCL

FATMA FATMA

Jun 20, 2022, 4:34:49 AM6/20/22
to Dave Parker, prismmod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

Thank you very much!
I have misunderstood it (I have tried the command in the shell)

Best regards,
Fatma