Error: Probability is invalid (-0.11111111111111116) in state (R1=7,.......... (line 101, column 33).

Ramesh Kumar

Feb 14, 2022, 7:39:11 AM2/14/22
to PRISM model checker
I am receiving the above error for couple of experiments eventhough I just standard IPD transition dilemma.

Is this a serious error or Prism takes care of such error through approximations.

Thanks for support,      ...Ramesh

Ramesh Kumar

Feb 14, 2022, 9:00:26 AM2/14/22
to PRISM model checker
This happens only when w=0.90 or above while setting the number of rounds as below:

const int rounds=round(1/(1-w));

The above feeds into another formula which decides one of the transition probabilities as below:

formula sizeBAD =  l/((rounds-1)+l-g)

Dave Parker

Apr 1, 2022, 3:39:45 AM4/1/22
to prismmod...@googlegroups.com, Ramesh Kumar
I guess it also depends on the value of g, Ramesh?

Send the model if you are still stuck.

Best wishes,

Dave
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/prismmodelchecker/e46ea32c-e9c6-4b2d-90af-d55aa5fcdadfn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/prismmodelchecker/e46ea32c-e9c6-4b2d-90af-d55aa5fcdadfn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Ramesh Kumar

Apr 3, 2022, 7:49:26 AM4/3/22
to PRISM model checker
Thanks,David. I got this cleared. Appreciate your support during my learning period.

Ramesh