Does Prism Support Concurrency

已查看 15 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Peter Aloisi

未读,
2022年3月25日 03:42:202022/3/25
收件人 PRISM model checker
Hi, I am working on a program that makes use of an older version of Prism to check properties against states. I was wondering if Prism can be used concurrently in two or more threads with a different Prism instance being made in each thread?  I have different folders for each thread to store the relevant files but I am occasionally having a sigsegv originating from inside prism when prism.modelCheck(PropertiesFile, Prop) is called by two threads at the same time.  Otherwise it works fine for a single thread.

The Specific version I am using is based on  https://github.com/kleinj/prism-svn/tree/proposed-global-sync as those changes were needed in our project. Is there any hard coded files in the prism library or other shared elements that would cause an issue?

Thanks,
Peter Aloisi

Dave Parker

未读,
2022年3月31日 16:49:572022/3/31
收件人 prismmod...@googlegroups.com、Peter Aloisi
Hi Peter,

PRISM was not built to be executed concurrently in this way I'm afraid,
so I'm not very surprised it crashes.

The main things that are static across Prism objects are the parser and
the native shared libraries (CUDD etc.). The segfault errror suggests it
could be a problem with the latter. So you _might_ have more luck
switching to the (pure Java) explicit engine (enabled with
prism.setEngine(Prism.EXPLICIT) from Java), but I wouldn't bank on it.

Best wishes,

Dave
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/prismmodelchecker/79e442aa-0929-4eef-9915-c1498d2f8ff0n%40googlegroups.com