Files won't print

Michael L

Sep 17, 2009, 12:54:02 PM9/17/09
to PrinterShare
Software installed on a server, with the printer added.
I can print directly from the server
the printer requires a department code, i have configured this
automatically, and works when i go from server to printer
if i print from my home pc, i can see the document arriving in the
Printershare queue, it reports as being printed, but never gets
completed.

When i check the settings of the document in the printershare queue,
it is set as color, even though i printed it as b&w, and the printer
default settings are b&w, to anything using the color option, i need
to use a different department code, and we don't want to go this
route.

I can't find any further settings that would save this setting, not
even sure if this setting is whats stoping the pages from being
printed.

Michael L

Sep 17, 2009, 12:56:56 PM9/17/09
to PrinterShare
Sorry my user ID is 610821

Technical Support

Sep 18, 2009, 12:43:53 AM9/18/09
to PrinterShare
So as I understood your problem is incorrect color setting? In that
case check if you set everything mentioned here:
http://www.printershare.com/help/printer-setup.html and set printing
application printing preferences (usually called Page Setup) too. Also
you may check if other application (e.g. Notepad) gets through.

Nikita Frolov
Technical support

Michael L

Sep 21, 2009, 10:06:10 AM9/21/09
to PrinterShare
Thanks

Actual printer on server is configured for monocrome only in the
printer settings
Printershare printer on the server is configured for monocrome only in
the printer settings.
printershare printer on the client server is configured for monocrome
only in the printer settings
[CLIENT] when i check the printer properties in notepad, it choses
color when i have the printer selected. i chose monocrome and printed
a short page

page did not print
page arrived at server, server reported it printed

i can print in notepad on server to printer using notepad without
making any changes

is there a log file i can look into?

i also upgraded the software on each today.

thanks, appreciated.

On Sep 18, 12:43 am, Technical Support
<printersupp...@dynamixsoftware.com> wrote:
> So as I understood your problem is incorrect color setting? In that
> case check if you set everything mentioned here:http://www.printershare.com/help/printer-setup.htmland set printing

Technical Support

Sep 22, 2009, 1:44:14 AM9/22/09
to PrinterShare
Ok, so your documents are not printing at all, the color is not
relevant. Try to set up some kind of virtual printer (Microsoft Office
Image Writer for instance) on receiving side. If it works with it, but
not with physical printer, then the problem indeed can be department
code or other setting of the printer itself. In that case I can't
advise anything, that's dependent on your specific situation. Maybe
client just misses some step which is required to use your setting.

There's no log for receiving side, unfortunately.

Nikita Frolov
Technical support