Wi-Fi Printing

Andy

Nov 2, 2009, 8:27:38 AM11/2/09
to PrinterShare
Hi,

I have tried printing to a Canon MP620 via a Netgear router to no
avail. The phone's wi-fi is working fine and the printer works fine
from 2 other PCs in the same house.

I get "No Printers Found - Please make sure your Wi-Fi connection is
ON"

Please can anyone advise what might be wrong? Perhaps I need to enable
some port forwarding on the router?

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks Andy (user 566660)

Fabio

Nov 3, 2009, 12:17:15 PM11/3/09
to PrinterShare
Hi

Same printer here, same problem.

Would be great if the developer could fix this.

Thanks!

Technical Support

Nov 4, 2009, 5:16:33 PM11/4/09
to PrinterShare
Hi All,

PrinterShare for Android supports wide variety of printers but not
all. Link to the complete list of supported printers is available
here: http://printershare.com/mobile.sdf. If your printer is not in
the list, we try to find the best match and in many cases it works,
however not always. We collect reports of unsupported printers, will
provide support in the versions to come.

moses

Nov 6, 2009, 3:02:51 AM11/6/09
to PrinterShare
Hi,

I have a Brother HL-1440 which is in the list of supported printers.
It is connected to the local Lan and Wifi on my DSL router (AVM
FritzBox). When I search for Wifi printers in the PrinterShare Android
App the printer could not be found.

I hope, for the future, it might be possible to enter the IP for the
printer manually, so that it is possible for me to use it.

nabs

Nov 6, 2009, 3:58:46 AM11/6/09
to PrinterShare
I have an Epson SX600FW, it is listed on your site as being compatible
however when i search for it the phone does not detect any printer.
Is there anything that needs changed on the printer settings?

I believe I'm not alone on this one as other forums i have read people
are having the same issue with this and many other printers.

I have updated to version 2.4.0 (updated from the market last night)
and still no joys.

Any Ideas what i can do?

It's not practical to leave my laptop on at home + i take it away with
me a lot so i would be unable to print during those times.

On Nov 4, 10:16 pm, Technical Support

Fabio

Nov 8, 2009, 5:58:06 PM11/8/09
to PrinterShare
Thanks for your answer!

I read that gutenprint users can print with mp620 by choosing the
driver for the 610 model. Could you please look into this? Let me know
so i can test it for you.

On Nov 4, 11:16 pm, Technical Support

Audrius

Nov 15, 2009, 9:51:57 AM11/15/09
to PrinterShare
I have Brother HL 2070N its not on the list of compatible printers
however the 'PrinterShare' test page printed perfectly fine but when
sending something to it prints hieroglyphs.

Andy

Nov 17, 2009, 5:09:34 PM11/17/09
to PrinterShare
OK, I can now see that my PIXMA PM620 is not on that list of supported
printers (http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php).
Is this because it can't be supported or is there a chance that it
will be added in the future?

Andy

Nov 25, 2009, 7:00:07 AM11/25/09
to PrinterShare
Grateful if someone from Tech Support can advise on this - thanks.

Technical Support

Nov 26, 2009, 1:57:43 AM11/26/09
to PrinterShare
There's a chance it will be added in the future.

Nikita Frolov
Technical support
> > will be added in the future?- Скрыть цитируемый текст -
>
> - Показать цитируемый текст -

Andy

Nov 26, 2009, 6:15:40 AM11/26/09
to PrinterShare
OK. Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye in the list.